Bookmark and Share

Friday, August 22, 2008

Have a donut.

Ok. Tomorrow I am fifty. Really a strange thing to experience. My mind seems to be the same. I always was forgetful.  The body, although my hair is grayer and thinner, is in as bad a shape as it ever was.  Hmmm. Oh yeah, my knees ache a lot.  Sometimes I am surprised when I look in the mirror.  I see my grandfather.  Time does seem to go faster as we age.  The forties went so fast.  I have come to the conclusion that although I physically seem to age at a reasonable pace or at a "normal" pace my mind doesn't want to accept that I am fifty.  I thought thirty was a big deal. Then I thought forty was a milestone. Fifty? Sucks. Senior menu at Denny's...  Hey I kinda like the idea.  

Anyway, how about a donut?

  This piece, "Yellow Donut with Sprinkles" is a painting that I am revitalizing. I first painted it in 2001 and was part of a triptych called "The Holy Trinity".  I am giving it a bit of a facelift and sending it off as a solo piece. 

It's been a while since I worked in oils. I am enjoying the process. I haven't done "sweet" paintings in a long time.  I've added more images of dessert/donut paintings that happen to have sprinkles to the blog (in the right hand column) and there are more at my website http://www.marknobriga.com



Look for this painting at the SJICA auction this Fall in San Jose.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that's what I call a BLOG! Nice!